Not sure what to do about the pumpkin you’ve scooped out from your Halloween pumpkins? Check out this perfect healthy muffin recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup millet, divided
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin (pureed)
- 1/2 cup cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped and soaked
- 1/4 cup Organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1) Preheat oven to 35oF (175C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with unbleached baking cups. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine flax and water. Let stand for at least 10 minutes for mixture to thicken.
3) In a high-speed blender, mix 1 cup of millet to create a flour. Set aside.
4) In a medium bowl, mix millet flour, remaining millet, walnuts, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt.
5) In a separate bowl, mash pumpkin, carrots, dates, coconut oil, flax mixture, and ginger. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
6) Spoon mixture into baking cups and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before consuming.